Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Be My Guest - XIV

For story until now Go To the END :    

Chapter Fourteen - Midnight Conversation





Knocking at my door
Woke me from my paralyzed doze
Left lying on the desk
Papers crumbled under my cheek
Knocking continued hammering the door
A moment I took to catch up what’s real
So tired, like I was drugged to sleep
Back crammed, weary, stiff and rigid.

Dragging myself to unlatch
Only to find Count
holding a wolf that’s tamed
With half opened eyes, I tried to make sense
But sudden glance of the monstrous wild
shook me alert from my drowsy sleep.

“My apologies, to wake you up
But you haven’t eaten
whole day and last night
Am worried am failing to be a courteous host
You deserve.
Please accept my apologies
and come down for dinner.”

“No, Sir…” I said with hesitation
“I am unaware,
when sleep spelled my eyes closed.
I kept lying on my desk
I am guessing whole day
maybe I need some stretch.”

Count grinned,
his long canine pressing his lips
I swear I saw blood on ‘em
No, am not sure
I was half-asleep
No sense in what I think I see.

I hastily said to divert my confused mind,
“Give me a moment to freshen up,
I will be right down”

“Of Course, Of Course, My lad.”
Count turned to leave
And pulled his leased pet.

After a while I joined him,
He was slipping through his wine,
Sitting beside fire
Humming a tune
And stroking his wolf

“You’ve met my sole companion here,
His name is Devil,
Isn’t it obvious, because he is all black.”

Something about this pet
Made me feel uneasy
Hazy remembrance becoming vivid
“Ah!! When am gonna get over
my haunting conscience,
It’s my journey to blame,
But why am having anxious feeling”
As I was thinking to myself
Count politely pulled my chair,
“So let’s have a seat at the table
And as I tell you a story
you enjoy your dinner.”

He walked to other chair afar,
while tamed animal followed him,
he sat and wolf laid at his feet.
“You’re afraid of Devil” He smiled and said
“Well, everyone is at the start.
He is big, black and people call him monster
But let me tell you a story
A story how Devil saved your life.”

I kept gazing at him
in shock and surprise,
Spoon dropped from my hand
into the bowl spilling my soup
Am paralyzed.

No comments:

Post a Comment